Gazzetta Ufficiale: F-GAS
Regulation for the implementation of the Regulation (EU) n. 517/2014 on fluorinated greenhouse gases and repealing regulation (EC) no. 842/2006.
On 9ᵗͪ January 2019 the D.P.R. n. 146 of 16 November 2018, which implements Regulation (EU) 517/2014 on fluorinated greenhouse gases and repeals Regulation (EU) 842/2006 and the previous D.P.R n. 43 of 27 ᵗͪ January 2012.
With reference to the Register, the D.P.R. has the objective of:
-regulate the national electronic register of certified persons and companies, which ensures that all subjects, the publicity, are informed of the information on the activities regulated by the decree, as well as the transparency of the activities themselves;
-regulate the establishment and management of a database for the collection and storage of information relating to the sales of fluorinated greenhouse gases and of the equipment referred to in Article 6 of Regulation (EU) no. 517/2014, as well as the installation, maintenance, repair and dismantling of these devices.
Article 15 of the Presidential Decree confirms the obligation to register with the national electronic register of certified persons and companies (already provided for by the previous Presidential Decree 43/2012), for companies and persons performing activities of installation, repair, maintenance and dismantling of equipment containing fluorinated gases as well as gas control and recovery.
The Registry is managed by the regional chambers of commerce of the province and autonomous province and is divided into the following sections:
- Section of certification bodies, conformity assessment bodies and attestation bodies;
- Section of individuals and companies not subject to the certification requirement;
- Section of natural persons and certified companies;
- Section of the natural persons who have obtained the certificate;
- Section of natural persons with transitional derogations or exemptions from the obligation of certification;
- Section of natural persons and companies certified in another Member State who have sent a copy of their certificate.
Compared to the provisions of the D.P.R. 43/2012 some substantial innovations are introduced including:
- Extension of the scope of application with reference to the equipment and activities for which registration is requested, following the implementation of the new 2015/2067 / CE and 2015/2066 / CE execution regulations related to refrigeration and switches respectively.
- Extension of the scope of application with reference to the subjects required to register and certify (articles 7,8 and 9) as well as those required only for registration (art. 10).
The certificates and certificates issued pursuant to Regulation (EC) n. 842/2006, remain valid in compliance with the requirements and conditions under which they were originally issued. All natural persons and companies that, at the date of entry into force of the decree, are registered in the National Telematic Register, must achieve the relevant certificates within the term of 8 months from the entry into force of this decree; similar deadline applies to new members. Failure to comply with this deadline will result in forfeiture of the registration of the natural person and of the company by the National Telematic Registry, upon notification.